Sunday, March 27, 2016

Hello!

Well after a 7 minute plane ride I made it to Eua and it is BEAUTIFUL. So sorry I didn't take any pictures this week to send but I will definitely try to send some in the weeks to come. The obvious differences between Eua and Tonga is that it is smaller here, it is not as humid, and it isn't completely flat. There are mountains and they are beautiful! Apparently there are many sights to see in Eua, including the Eua tree that the tree in Avatar was based off of, and lots of hikes, caves, cliffs, and waterfalls. My new companion, Sister Reid, is a palangi from Orem, Utah. She is wonderful! I know we are going to get along really well for however long we are serving together. There are 8 missionaries in Eua, 4 sisters and 4 elders. The ward we are serving in--Pangai--is made up of 4 different villages--Pangai, 'Esia, Angaha, and Futu. It's huge. At least in comparison to Pea, where I just transferred from. We walk so much more than I did in my last area and there seem to be lots more non-members to work with.

The ward here is awesome I am really looking forward to working with them!  Right now we don't have very many investigaters that we're working with, but we had a ward counsel last night and just in like 2 minutes we set up around 7 or 8 appointments to teach at a member's house and they will invite whoever they are thinking of or currently trying to work with. Apparently just a couple months ago something happened between the sisters here and the members and the members quickly lost trust of the missionaries. I kind of feel like we are working to gain back that trust, and it has been wonderful! Right now, I'm obviously working on getting to know everyone in the ward, but I already feel so much love for them. 

Sorry it's so short today but I will try and make it better next week! We are about to go hiking wiht the district and see some of the sights. 

Love you all. Have a wonderful week.

Sister Petalisi

No comments:

Post a Comment